Economic crisis

 Welcome to Rose blog . Where I will be publishing different kinds of fictional stories 




Who is  the betrayal?


Everything about this story is fiction but there might be slightest of truth. 


      Staring

Toluwani

Ademola 

Ajoke

Adunni

Mopelola 

Mr Adegoke 

Tunde 

Cynthia 

Dr Olasehinde

Nurse Titi

Mummy Toluwani( Mr Ayelabola)

Daddy Toluwani ( Mrs Ayelabola)

Arike

Adufe

Mummy Adufe

And others


                                      (Scene 1)

( under a mango tree, there are two lovers Toluwani who is a secondary school student, final year to be precise and Ademola who is just a fresh graduate, seated on a bench, talking about their love life)


Ademola: Hmm my one and only Toluwani ( with a smiling face) you know I can not live without you . You are my everything, any other ladies are just wasting their time.


Toluwani: Ademola mhi you also know I don’t have any other boyfriend apart from you , and I believe anything you tell me, even I don’t discuss anything that is going on in our relationship with my friends.



Ademola: That’s how it should be , there should not be third party in our relationship.



Toluwani: Yes o( with a joy overflowing on her face)


Ademola: Babe( with a smiling face) are you not feeling cold outside? Let’s go inside nah, at least we will not be looking at ourselves like this nah( he tickle Toluwani)


Toluwani: Stop joor(smiles) you know you’ve already promised me that you won’t touch me until our wedding day


Ademola: Sure, we won’t do anything now, it’s just to feel ourselves nah, and nothing else .


Toluwani: Are you sure?


Ademola: 100  sure

( They both smiles at each other and go inside)

                    (Light fade)

Scene 2)

( At Mr Ayelabola’s house, Mr Ayelabola is a nice man and a certified chartered accountant with one wife and two daughters. Their are two people in the kitchen cooking for the family, while Mr Ayelabola enter) 


Daddy Toluwani: Am back o


Mopelola: ( last born of Mr and Mrs Ayelabola) daddy you are welcome, what did you bring for me?


Daddy Toluwani: I bought ice cream and meat pie for you and your sister.


Mopelola: Aww thank you daddy, I love you so much daddy.

 

Daddy Toluwani: where’s your mom and your sister?


Mopelola: they are both preparing meal for us in the kitchen 


Daddy Toluwani: What are you now doing here in the living room?


Mopelola: I’m doing my homework sir

( Toluwani enter) 


Toluwani: Daddy you are welcome, how was today’s work ?


Daddy Toluwani: it was stressful as before o


Toluwani: ehya sorry dad( with a childish face) what did you bring for me?


Daddy Toluwani: Hmm beni tieri( meaning: I trust  you) I’ve been expecting you to ask thou, I brought ice cream and meat pie for you and your sister 


Toluwani: Daddy thank you so much, I love you to the moon


Daddy Toluwani: Hmm which one is “to the moon”( he smiles and deep his hand into the bag and give the ice cream and meat pie to them)( both Toluwani and mopelola laugh and take it from their father and both rush to the kitchen as their mother came to meet her husband in the parlor) Darling you are welcome, how was work today?


Daddy Toluwani: It wasn’t too stressful darling, but get me paracetamol ( showing stressful face) 


Mummy Toluwani: Eeygh sorry darling, you know what, you should go and shower and I will set the table along with the pills.


Daddy Toluwani: I trust you my Queen, I will do just that ( he stood up, peck his wife and move to the bedroom to change )


Mummy Toluwani: Toluwani! 


Toluwani: yes mom


Mummy Toluwani: hope the food is ready?


Toluwani: yes mom, am already taking it to the dining for dishing.


Mummy Toluwani: Ok good, go to the bedroom and check my trolley, you will see some pain relief pills there, bring it for your dad.


Toluwani: Ok mom

( They eat and chart, crack jokes, and they all went to their various bedroom)

                                       (Light fade)

Scene 3

( Toluwani and her two friends going home after they’ve closed from school, they are discussing about Toluwani’s boyfriend)


Adufe: Hmm my friend my friend ( smiling) any gist?


Toluwani: What do you mean by any gist? ( feeling shy ) you better say your mind .


Arike: Hmm shebi you told me when we were in class that you want to discuss something with us, now you want to change the story


Adufe: Oya tell us, you know I hate being in suspense 


Toluwani: Well ( she clears her throat)

( Adufe and Arike are eager to hear what she want to say) 


Adufe: Talk nah


Toluwani: What is it now, do you want to take out words from my mouth?


Arike: Don’t make her get angry nah


Adufe: Ok sorry babe, oya tell us what’s pumping nah( shifting her eyebrow up and down with nice smile on face)


Toluwani: Ok , it’s about my boyfriend, Ademola.


Adufe: ( eagerly to hear what she want to say) what happened 


Arike: Easy now


Toluwani: ( with a scared and serious face) he’s demanding for sex


Arike: What? What are you now planning to do?


Toluwani:( exhale) I don’t even know


Adufe: you don’t know what? Shebi he’s your boyfriend and besides you guys love each other dearly, allow him nah


Arike: Ahh Adufe, what nonsense are you saying out of your mouth? She should do what? Having sex without being married?


Adufe: Ehn what’s the big deal, and you are just exclaiming as if it’s big deal( she hisses)

 

Toluwani: Enough of all these please!( sobbing) I will know how to deal with it myself 


Arike: well I will advise you not to allow him, and always remember what our biology teacher Mrs Abodunrin used to tell us, that we should never allow a man to have anything in common with us, else they will impregnate us and run away


Adufe: Story for the gods, that’s her own point of view and it’s because she’s old school, that can never happen, see Toluwani in as much as you love each other, that’s ok


Arike: Love! Love you say? Where pretense is, what if Ademola did not love you? What if he’s only after your virginity? Just what if........


Toluwani; ( angrily) Abeg! Abeg!! Abeg!!! I said it’s ok, and besides my one and only Ade is not after my Virginity, he truly loves me and he can do anything for me


Arike: it’s ok , I pray that you will not be lead astray ( both Toluwani and Adufe says Amen at the same time, while Arike branch to her house)


Toluwani: Emm Adufe, I want to quickly go to my babes house


Adufe: Awww is plenty, I go love o


Toluwani : ( smiles) 


Adufe: what will you now tell your mom that makes you come home late? 


Toluwani: lolz, this is not my first time of going there now, and I know what I use to tell my mom( both Toluwani and Adufe) EVENING CLASS


Adufe: okay that’s good, see you tomorrow then. Take care of yourself babe 


Toluwani: same here ( they wave at each other and depart)


( Toluwani at Ademola’s place)

Ademola: my baiby( with excitement face)


Toluwani: Yes baby 


Ademola: How’s class today?


Toluwani: Not bad, Mrs Olanipekun gave us an assignment but I will do that when I get home 


Ademola: okay that’s good ( he’s doing as if something is wrong with him, pretending as if he has stomach pain)


Toluwani: Bae what’s wrong with you( She’s shivering)


Ademola: oh my stomach 


Toluwani: what’s wrong with your stomach? What did you eat?


Ademola: It’s not about food ( weeping )


Toluwani: Then it’s about what? Please answer me( she’s crying )


Ademola: it’s because I did not have sex for a very long time, I think that’s why


Toluwani: Ahh what will you now use to stop the stomach pain( with a pitiful look on her face)


Ademola: ( he smile and tears roll down from his face) 


Toluwani: This is not the time to smile , you are in pain( she continue crying)


Ademola: There’s nothing I can do than to find means to have sex


Toluwani: ( she moved back a little) what ? Find means to have what? With who?


Ademola: that’s what I don’t know, but wait, you are my girlfriend now, and I don’t have any bad things towards you and I will never cheat on you, do this for me.


Toluwani: Do what?( sweating and crying) I cant do it o


Ademola: I swear I will never leave you. This thing can kill person o( shedding crocodile tears) I don’t want to die Toluwani, will you watch me till I die like this, you are the only one who can save me from dying ( he wipe away his tears, stood up and gave the window) that means all the love and care you are showing me are all fake, you don’t care if I die or not, that means you have someone else you are dating.


Toluwani: I swear to God I did not have anybody am dating, but what you asked for is too much( crying)


Ademola: what’s too much? Ok if you don’t trust me , let’s make an oath( with a sign of seriousness)


Toluwani: Oath??


Ademola: Yes oath, who ever betrayed one of us, something terrible will happen to that person


Toluwani: Well it’s not that I don’t trust you, but what if I get pregnant?


Ademola: you cannot get pregnant, and if you do , it’s my baby and I will accept it


Toluwani: Ahh no , I can’t do this


Ademola ( put on some act , screaming) my stomach Ahh 


Toluwani: Okay lets first take the oath


Ademola: Oath? I thought you did not want oath again 


Toluwani: just for me to trust you more


Ademola Okay( he brought out a sharp blade and cursed himself) if I Osundeyi Ademola leave you Ayelabola Toluwani after taking away your virginity, I should beg for food, poverty should be ** potion, and to crown it up whenever we met again after pleading thunder should strike** to death


Toluwani: This is much o


Ademola: It’s not much, say your own


Toluwani: I Ayelabola Toluwani, after giving you my virginity, if I allow any man to have anything with me while we are still together, poverty should be** potion, after pleading to you , thunder should strike ** to death( they both use that blade to cut their thumb and leak the blood )


Ademola: hope you are okay now?


Toluwani: ( why did I even come here in the first place(crying)) yes am okay. But please don’t let it pain me


Ademola: of course, I will do it gently ( he off the light while he carried Toluwani to bed) 


Toluwani : ( she cried out while Ademola de flower her)



                           Light fade

Scene 4


( At Ademola’s place , Ademola and his best friend Tunde are discussing)


Tunde: Adex Adex 


Ademola: what’s up nigga


Tunde: ehn ehn less I forget, brother asked me to tell you that , what you discussed with him last year, that the opportunity is now open o


Ademola: About the work!!!


Tunde: yes o! 


Ademola: ( excites) oh my God, wow I am so so happy 


Tunde : so when will you be going ? Because he said by next week Monday you should resume to work, and today is Friday 


Ademola: Ahh so fast, ok no yawah nah, but I go first see my babe o


Tunde: I trust you, sha help me get one too, crown-fit of Toluwani 


Ademola: you can say that again. See let me quickly call her to come 


Tunde: okay let me take my leave then, I need to see my engineer 


Ademola: what’s wrong with your lappy again 


Tunde: I don’t know jare, it’s hanging 


Ademola: okay ( Tunde left while Ademola called Toluwani)


Toluwani: Good afternoon babe


Ademola: how has been your day sweetie?


Toluwani: Not bad, yours?


Ademola: it was so good 


Toluwani: Really! Ok gist me


Ademola: that’s why I called you, last year July, I called Tunde’s brother in Abuja, that I need a job, you know all those kind things nah


Toluwani: Babe just go straight to the point


Ademola: ok in a nutshell, his brother called me that the job is ready and I should resume by Monday 


Toluwani: So that means by tomorrow morning you are leaving me here right?( crying)


Ademola: Leave you as how? Am not leaving you , I can’t leave you, shebi we will be video chatting now, and I will be calling you time to time


Toluwani: Hmm am scared o, 


Ademola: scared of what now, I will be there working from morning till night , how will I have time for ladies?


Toluwani: okay o, if you say so


Ademola: Are you doubting me again? Despite all the oath?


Toluwani: It’s just that am scared 


Ademola: don’t be scared baby , you know I love you ( they off the light and ***)


                                            Scene 5


( In the bus where Ademola and other 17 passengers are, there is one particular lady, dressed indecently, chewing gum and also making different calls)


Cynthia: ( on call) Hey buddy are you still living in that base?  Oh shit , I should have called you before coming but don’t worry I will sort myself out.( she ends the call and she turns to the lady beside her) hey nigga where are you heading to?


Ajoke: well am going to Lokoja


Cynthia: Oh no, I can’t live in that place , well never mind


Ajoke: okay


Cynthia ( she turns to the other side where Ademola is sitting down) hey nigga where are you heading to?


Ademola: ( he clears his throat ) well am heading to Abuja 


Cynthia: For real ? Wow!


Ademola: yea that’s where am going


Cynthia: ( sluggishly) Emm well, I need your help


Ademola: my help? What can I do for you?


Cynthia: The thing is that, the person I wanna go meet over there has left the place already, he has moved to another place, if you can allow me stay with you for just one week and I promise I will find my way after a week.


Ademola: I understand you sis, but the thing is that this is my first time of going to Abuja, moreover I am going there in other to work, and I will first stay with my friend’s brother before getting my apartment.


Cynthia: Common! It doesn’t mean, I will just stay with you guys for just a week and I will definitely take my leave after a week, common on(she smiles a little)


Ademola : ( because of people in the bus, he can’t turn her down) ok no problem babe


Cynthia: Thanks darling ( she want to peck Ademola)


Ademola: ( he moved a little bit away from her) you are welcome ( Cynthia smiles)


( few hours later Ademola and Cynthia got to where they are going)( Ademola knocks the gate)

Ademola ( knock knock knock) Good evening here


Gate man: good afternoon young man, who are you looking for?


Ademola: I’m looking for Mr Adegoke 


Gate man: oh my boss! Do you have an appointment ( he has not finished talking when Mr Adegoke joined them)


Mr Adegoke: ehn ehn what’s going on here


Ademola: good evening sir( excited)


Mr Adegoke: wow my lovely brother, how was the trip? Let’s go inside ( he look at Cynthia and look at Ademola again)


Ademola: Egbon we will talk about it when we enter sir


Mr Adegoke: ok. Hope the trip was not too stressful?

( At the parlor)


Ademola: I thank God sir , it wasn’t stressful sir.


Mr Adegoke: what would you like to eat before we start our discussion fully?


Ademola: Anything sir

( Mr Adegoke face Cynthia) madam and you?

Cynthia: Anything sir

( Mr Adegoke call out to her maid) Kudi !


Kudi: yes sir


Mr Adegoke: what are you doing?

Kudi: Am washing the dishes sir


Mr Adegoke: Ok, as you can see we have guests , so prepare something nice for them and make it snappy.


Kudi: Ok sir( she left to kitchen)


Ademola: Where are madam and the kids sir?


Mr Goke: oh Your friend forgot to tell you, they’ve all left for London, they left only me here in Nigeria o( he smiles)


Ademola: wow that’s good 


Cynthia: excuse me please can I find somewhere to rest, am tired 


Mr Goke: oh sorry, go to the first room by the left in the upstair

 

Cynthia: Ok thanks ( she left their midst)


Mr Goge: yes less I forget, who is that girl?


Ademola: Ah thank you o, she asked me to help her when we were in the bus, she said the person she want to go and meet here has relocated or something like that, and I told her that I also want to come and scot here but she insisted on following me


Mr Goke: Well it’s good to help , but be careful sha


Ademola: yes sir


Mr Goke: yes about the work, the organization has rented an apartment for you very close to the office you will be working.


Ademola: wow !for real ?  oh am so happy 


Mr Goke: so please don’t fuck up there o, so when you are going on Monday make sure you take your things along so that you won’t waste your time coming back here


Ademola:Oh my goodness, thank you sir, I really appreciate it sir 


Mr Goke: don’t mention it, let’s thank God, you are also like my own brother now, if my kids need your help you will render now


Ademola: sure sir, I will 


Mr Goke: so don’t thank me bro

( Kudi set the table and they all eat and went to their various room)


Ademola: Let me call my babe( he dialed Toluwani’s number) hello babe


Toluwani: wassup sweetie, how was the journey?


Ademola:  it was not too stressful 


Toluwani: Am sorry for not calling you since morning, am kind of sick and I need to rest, so I slept off, even mom said that we will both go and visit the hospital on Monday 


Ademola: how are you feeling? 


Toluwani: Am feeling weak, loosing appetite, and I prefer sleeping all the time 


Ademola: eya sorry darling, it’s better to visit the hospital. I want to sleep now so I just want to hear your voice before I sleep 


Toluwani: Thanks love. Don’t look at other ladies over there o, you know I don’t have anybody here , it’s only you I have o


Ademola: Trust me now, I can never cheat on you


Toluwani: Ok o, I put my trust in you o. Good night sleep tight darling 


Ademola: same here love( he end the call)


Cynthia: Abeg no kill me with love here o


Ademola: you are funny, I just called my fiancé since morning and you said I want to kill you with love


Cynthia: Ok          

                         *Light fade*

Comments

  1. Nice story keep it up

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so interesting.
    You write so we'll😊

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow what a great job ❤️💖❤️

    ReplyDelete
  4. Olatunbode kehindeJuly 21, 2022 at 10:24 AM

    More wisdom💯❤️

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good write up.. I love it .... Was amazing... I will surely read again and again

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are getting there👌

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is amazing,I love

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job,I love this

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great work💯, very interesting 🥰
    So proud of you dear ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow This is interesting

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow am impress more knowledge and wisdom🙏🙏 dear

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! Interesting😀
    Nice write up👍keep up the good work👏

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow!
    Nice write up,keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Copacetic write up keep it up

    ReplyDelete
  15. It’s been a while 🥰

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment